1) The importance of English
Nick Brewer (or another artist) on how becoming a signed rapper started with his love for English at school:
- The power of storytelling
- The use of language tools (metaphor, simile, personification)
2) How English is utilised in rap music
The students listen to and look at examples of popular rap songs, and the way different language tools are used to powerful effect in the lyrics. This will help the students to see how vital it is to have a solid grasp of the English language.
3) Different examples of creative English
The students look at how creative English can be used to produce different written form:
- Spoken word
4) Creative writing
Overseen by Nick (or another artist), the students write their own creative piece, on a subject of their choice, to send a positive message
Students who would like to have a chance to share what they have written with the group.
Our workshops are available for £500 per day – choose from a Taster or Intensive course to best suit your needs!
- Hold one-hour workshops for five groups of students
- Up to 10 students per group, or 20 when accompanied by a teacher
- Hold half-day workshops for two groups of students
- Up to 10 students per group
We offer bespoke packages too! Please get in touch if you’d like to discuss a design to fit the needs of your students. For example, if you would like us to work with one group of students intensively over several sessions.
All purchases include a complimentary assembly presentation and show by Nick Brewer lasting no longer than 30 minutes.