We are currently looking for a News Editor (Volunteer) to assist our Communications Team. We are looking for the volunteer to have a minimum commitment of an average of 10 hours per week, including a weekly one on one meeting with Head of Communications.
The role will be to manage our news writers. You will work closely with Comms to properly promote news content. Although you may on occasion be assigned with other duties, generally you will edit the contributing writers’ texts.
- Checking for factual errors by making extensive and meticulous research, and also correct logical and grammatical errors
- Making edits as necessary
- Providing regular feedback to our writers on how to improve their work
- Maintaining production schedules and report on the progress
- Participating in brain storming sessions regarding publication content
- Managing team of news writers, hiring and terminating as needed and necessary
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in the fields of Publishing, English, Communication, Media or Journalism
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience at Editor level
- To be an ambassador for LifeLine Projects at all time
- Excellent editing, presentation and communication skills
- The ability to operate under strict timelines and deadlines
- Positive attitude, detail and reader oriented with good multitasking and organisational ability
- Fluency in English
If you would be interested in applying for this volunteer role, please email your CV to email@example.com.