Thanks for taking an interest in working for us! We’re a close-knit bunch and work by the values of excellence, integrity, ownership, compassion and team. If that sounds like you, we’d love you to apply for one of our vacancies to join us in delivering our vision to impact individuals and influence systems.
By working with us, you will be offering solutions that are characterised by renewed hope, developed confidence and improved skills; our programmes release people to be agents of change in their communities.
PS: We don’t always wear orange t-shirts! We got together with the rest of the LifeLine family and put on a fantastic fun day for local families last year.
If you decide to apply, please return your completed applications to Carey Luke, unless otherwise specified.
Outreach Youth Development Worker
We are currently recruiting for an Outreach Youth Development Worker to join our team and carry out detached outreach and positive activity work adapated for the COVID-19 situation.
- Actively engage in the detached and outreach programme.
- Support young people in their schools and on their estates that are on the edge of school exclusion, mental health issues or Serious Youth Violence through after school 1-2-1s, positive activities and holiday programs.
- Liaise and build rapport with Statutory, community and voluntary youth organisations in order to provide warm introductions to the young people we work with.
- Carry out community profiles and mapping of young people in their communities developing and co-designing programs that meet the needs of the youth in her communities.
- Work with our adapted COVID-19 detached and outreach plan.
A succesful applicant will:
- Have at least a Level 3 youth work qualification or equivalent, and at least a Level 2 English qualification.
- Have experience with young people on estates, streets, and in community and outreach settings
- Have experience working with challenging young people in a full-time paid capacity.
- Have experience working with young people with borderline or undiagnosed mental health issues.
- Have experience managing safeguarding incidents.
- Have experience delivering positive activities or youth clubs.
- Have experiences with specialist activities, e.g. dance, sports, arts.
Please return completed application forms to SamanthaHayden@lifelineprojects.co.uk
Part-time Handy Person
Lifeline Projects is a registered charity based in Dagenham. The range of services we provide for the community include day nursery facilities and working with a diverse range of people to give them the chance to grow, expand their horizons, and become agents of change in their own community. We are now recruiting for an experienced maintenance/handy person. If you like what we do and would like to work with us, we will be interested in hearing from you.
As a Handy Person, you will:
- have previous experience of maintenance/building work, including basic carpentry and painting duties
- be hard working, reliable, punctual and have good communication skills
- able to work alone on your own initiative and/or as part of a team
- be available to work 1 or 2 days a week on a contract basis
- be willing to be DBS-checked and have the necessary insurance policy
- be willing to travel between Lifeline Projects centres, so having a car and a clean driving licence is essential
In return, we will pay the right person £15/hour (£27,300 per year pro rata).
If you are interested or would like to know more about this Handy Person role, please submit a CV to: email@example.com